The mission of METHOD is to foster and exhibit sculpture and installation that regards process, material, and concept, while engaging the gallery space.
We endeavor to:
We endeavor to:
- Promote a changing program of visually stimulating, well-researched, and thoughtful exhibitions.
- Provide a venue for interdisciplinary thinking that supports exploration and creative problem solving.
- Provide a contemporary exhibition space for artists who are working outside the traditional commercial standard.
- Offer a platform for discussion on aesthetics, technical considerations, experimentation, and the creative process that are supported by artists’ talks.
- Present exhibitions that question, inform, and inspire through engagement with the Pioneer Square community.
Founded in 2013, METHOD is a non-profit, volunteer artist-run exhibition space that exhibits art that is experimental, forward-thinking, unconventional, and predominantly based in sculpture and installation art. METHOD is not a commercial gallery, nor an on-site studio space and it is not a cooperative gallery.
METHOD enlivens the Northwest shoulder of the Tashiro Kaplan All-Arts Building, METHOD focuses on artistic processes and is a mode for gathering diverse artists together and offering them a means to exhibit their work to the public in a professional gallery setting. METHOD is a conduit for reciprocity and exchange, for developing relationships with other artists and organizations, locally, nationally, and internationally. Exhibiting artists are NEVER charged exhibition or operational fees and are provided the space free of charge.
METHOD is proudly 100% volunteer run! (even the founders are volunteers and receive no monetary funds)
For more information about the Co-Founding Artists of METHOD:
Paul D. McKee www.pauldmckee.com
Paula Stokes www.paulastokes.com
Emeritus Artist Co-Founders:
Mary Coss www.marycoss.com
June Sekiguchi www.junesekiguchi.com
Our exceptional artist volunteers are:
Makena Gadient www.Makenagadient.com
Michael B. Lane (Technology)
Ian Lewis Photography
METHOD is fiscally sponsored by Shunpike. Shunpike is the 501(c)(3) non-profit agency that provides independent arts groups in Washington State with the services, resources, and opportunities they need to forge their own paths in sustainable success.
We at METHOD would like to acknowledge that our gallery operates on Indigenous ancestral land; the traditional territory of Coast Salish People, specifically of the Duwamish Tribe (Dkhw Duw’Absh).
A people that are still here today.
We wish to honor and bring to light their ancient heritage through this small acknowledgment and
through a yearly Co-Funder donation of Real Rent to the Duwamish Tribe.
For more information, please visit: RealRentDuwamish.org